
Ambassador John V. Roos
Waseda University Organization for Japan-U.S. Studies (WOJUSS) event
Waseda University, Tokyo
January 29, 2010
Waseda University President Katsuhiko Shirai introduced the Ambassador.
Thank you very much President Shirai for that warm welcome and I also want to thank you for your remarks with respect to the importance of educational exchanges between Japan and the United States. While my topic today is the security alliance, cultural and educational exchanges between our two countries is something that I feel very, very deeply about and intend to and already have spent a significant amount of time as the Ambassador to Japan focused on that issue. I also want to thank Waseda University Organization for Japan-U.S. Studies for hosting this event here today. I'd also like to express my real appreciation to all of you, and particularly the students who are here, for taking time out of your day to hear my thoughts on what I believe to be is an incredibly important and timely topic.
continued