Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Asahi :: Tuesday, July 28, 2009

  • Top bureaucrats face loss of power (7/28)
    THE ASAHI SHIMBUN
    NIIGATA--The main opposition party intends to rein in the power of senior bureaucrats if it wins the Aug. 30 Lower House election, says party leader Yukio Hatoyama. continued ...

  • Minshuto lays out its policy vision (7/28)
    BY KYOHEI MATSUDA,THE ASAHI SHIMBUN
    The main opposition Minshuto (Democratic Party of Japan) on Monday unveiled its road map on policy to show voters it is capable of taking control of government. continued ...

  • Japan Notebook: Yoshibumi Wakamiya: LDP has only itself to blame for its predicament (7/28)
    THE ASAHI SHIMBUN
    It was a few years after the founding of the Liberal Democratic Party in 1955 that the popular song "Dakara Itta Janaino" (I told you so) by Keiko Matsuyama became a hit. After the line "You are crying, aren't you?" the song starts on a high note with the words, "I told you so." A half-century later, I find myself going over the song that I often heard as a boy. continued ...